As an essential service, EFry remains open and fully operational during the pandemic. Now more than ever, our vulnerable and homeless clients need the kind of support that can only be provided in person. Our pandemic plan has been rolled-out at all program locations to protect the health or our staff, volunteers and clients.
How EFry is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- We have made strides in helping our most at-risk homeless clients isolate themselves, moving dozens who are elderly or have chronic health conditions, as well as families, into hotels where our Reaching Home staff are there to support them.
- Across every one of our programs and offices, our team has been hard at work to ensure we are able to meet or exceed the public health requirements to protect both our team and our clients from the spread of COVID-19.
- We have been able to establish a central depot of sanitizing, health and protective supplies, from which we are able to provide each program location with what they need.
- We’ve adapted the way we work with each other by moving to Zoom video conferencing instead of in-person meetings – even when staff are on the same floor of the same building.
- We have been diligent about our gold-standard cleaning of high-touch surfaces and program spaces.